1 Old Fulton Street, previously known as the Franklin House Hotel, is located in the heard of the Fulton Ferry District in Brooklyn, NY. Robert Fulton’s invention of the steam-powered ferry in 1814 revolutionized travel and trade from Manhattan to Long Island.
Transforming this building into a modern day Shake Shack was a team of experts- Dennis Noskin Architects joined forces with Two Trees Management, Heights Historic Window & Door LLC and Upstate Door to rejuvenate the building. Facing less than ideal field conditions (such as off-plumb openings and a sloping sidewalk), Upstate Door was able to adjust door slab and mid-rail heights to create a cohesive look.
Want to read more? Find it HERE!